Wednesday 31 August 2011

Hard Decisions

We all have to admit that we love things convenient and easy at all times and don't really enjoy figuring things out or laboring to get something done. We live in an age of convenience where even things like food have been labeled as fast now.

When I was still a little man grabbing my grandmothers skirt the fastest the food was made, was an hour and you had the best meal of your life because a lot of love has gone into preparing the meal. Now if I go to McDonald's and they take more than 7 minutes I wanna see the manager and lets face it we all have that little tyrant in us. What I fail to recognize however is that this processed food I am eating has no story, no love and no history to it, it's just a way to fill my stomach and not really satisfy me like a home cooked meal would.

So why do we not like to take our time anymore with anything?
We are shown by the mediums of communications that there is just not enough time to to do it all anymore and that everything has to be faster and more effective. Have we forgotten how to take our time and enjoy a beautiful day when we are blessed with one or are we too focused on time to realize what's right in front of us? Stop.Look around.You will be amazed what you see if you just took 5 minutes of your busy day to appreciate the fact that you can see, smell, touch, taste and taste the things surrounding you.

I cant remember the last time I actually stared at a rainbow, it used to fascinate me to no end and I would try to see to the end of it just to check for leprechauns at the end of it. Do we have time for these small things anymore? No, it's not efficient enough to bother us because if it's not fast we are not interested.

So lets take the time to ask someone you see each day at work or at home how they are doing or how was their day, a little can go a long way if we really put a little thought into it. Lets make each day an appreciation day, appreciate the bonds you form, the blessings you have, the impact you make and the people that love and care about us.

Peace and tranquility only happens when we slow down...


No comments:

Post a Comment